Monday, March 21, 2011

Happy Birthday

More inspiration through card design sketches! This time, Christian paper Crafts Creative Blog has offered up a challenge in simplicity! 1+1+1=Fabulous! One piece of patterned paper, one embellishment, and one sentiment. That's it. Believe me...it's more challenging than one might think! Here is my entry:


The "Happy Birthday" is actually hand written in a really neat embossing pen ink which goes on clear. Then I sprinkled some embossing powder over it, poured the excess off and used a heat gun to set the powder. Heating the powder kind of melts the powder particles together. It's really a neat technique. I did the heat embossing on the He Is Risen card featured here on the Scripture and the three cross image. I would like to invest in some more colors of embossing powder because right now I only have gold and purple.

3 comments:

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

CAS cards can be challenging but I think this turned out beautifully!

Jonia said...

This is absolutely darling for a CAS card! Great job! Thanks for playing at CPC!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Christian Paper Crafts! Janaria